Alumni Profile: Lynsey Haworth

Lynsey Haworth

Collections Access Manager – Historic Environment Scotland

MLitt 2007-08

After graduating in 2008 I began working as a Collections Assistant at the National Mining Museum Scotland. After 18 months I moved on to a Collections Officer post at the World Rugby Museum, Twickenham Stadium. Two years later I moved back to Scotland to take up the position of Regional Collections Manager (Central) at Historic Environment Scotland. I’ve had the opportunity to work with some amazing collections throughout my career, including the Calcutta Cup (the trophy Scotland and England’s rugby teams have competed for annually since 1879) and Scotland’s finest collection of early medieval carved stones at Iona Abbey. I have recently moved to the position of Collections Access Manager, and part of my new role will be to oversee university student placements.

My favourite part of the course was the student exhibition. Gaining practical experience was incredibly valuable, and the tight timescales allowed me to develop important project and time management skills. It was also a great opportunity to bond with other members of the team, several of whom I’m still friends with today.